Infection Control & COVID-19
We are improving our practice to protect YOU and our staff post COVID-19.
At Alpine Dentistry, we have always utilized OSHA standards for infection control. We follow all the guidelines from the California Dental Association (CDA), American Dental Association® (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and various other local and state agencies.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shined a bright light on the importance of infection control, especially in the dental field. While we have always maintained infection control at or beyond industry standards, we are taking additional steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
These new protocols include but are not limited to the following:
· Social distancing practices whenever possible
· Masks must be worn when entering the practice
· Patients shall use hand sanitizer when arriving at the office
· Magazines and other periodicals have been removed from lobby
· Front office area has Plexi-glass shields for your protection
· Front office staff will be wearing face mask throughout the day
· Front counters and common areas such as bathrooms will be disinfected after each patient interaction
· Staff will be wearing additional Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), including:
o Disposable gowns
o Nurse caps
o Face shields
o N95/KN95 masks
· Air purification devices have been installed throughout the practice. These devices will help reduce aerosols and eliminate microbes using its HEPA filter and UV light. We also utilize a Atomizing Fogger system which is a non-toxic cold sterilant to decontaminate surfaces that inactivates and destroys pathogens.
We look forward to taking care of our patients and continuing to provide the best dental care in a safe and comfortable environment.